Zach is a General Partner at Gradient Ventures.
Zach has led investments in over 35 companies and served on over 25 board seats for early stage startups. He invests in AI / ML and data science, vertical software, B2B marketplaces, fintech, and more. Zach likes to say "Believe early, support throughout, and create your own luck."
Prior to Gradient, Zach led acquisitions and strategic investments for Google Cloud. Before Google, he advised leading software companies as an investment banker after starting his career as a quant and data engineer at a hedge fund. Zach received his Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics from the University of Virginia. He also holds a JD from the UCLA School of Law, as well as an MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management.
Zach lives in San Francisco with his wife and two kids. When possible, you will find him on a mountain riding a snowboard or mountain bike.
- GPU cloud, workstations, servers, and laptops built for deep learning.
- Openly is a premium, tech-forward insurance platform and provider that’s designed specifically to be sold through independent brokers.
- Elsa is a mobile app that uses AI and speech recognition technology to help language learners improve their English pronunciation.
- Wise Systems is the first autonomous dispatch and routing software for high-performance delivery fleets.
- Onaroll is an employee rewards app that incentivizes productivity and longevity.
- Syrup is predictive software for inventory decision-making in commerce, powered by AI/ML.
- Moov empowers embed banking and payment functionality for your own applications without having to worry about protocols, site reliability, security, or compliance.